Monday, March 5, 2007

Swaps, Exchanges and KALs and Spinning

My Merino & Corridale yarn...
(one of these days I'll figure out how to get the pics where I want them....maybe....)



Just an update on my progress on the swaps, exchanges and KAL I have signed up for...I just finished packing up boxes for my pals in the Spin-to-Knit Handspun Exchange and the International Tote Exchange 3...I am happy with and proud of what I am sending and I'll post a pic of the tote after it has been recieved. I still haven't recieved anything from either exchange but i am hoping to soon! :)
I have picked the pattern and have the yarn (and some goodies) for the Knitted Purse Swap, that project will be started this week...and I need to get back to work on my Mystery Shawl, I am still on clue 3...I am also signed up for Secret Pal 10 and am waiting for my pal assignment on that so i can start planning :)

On the spinning front, I have been spinning Merino and Corridale and I am plying them together into yarn for a shawl...planning for the Aran Pocket Shawl from Folk Shawls...I am in love with both fibers and am so happy with how they are plying together... it is amazing how the colors are changing as it plys...the Corridale is a honey color and the Merino is black with reds and blues...together beautiful burgundies and deep navy blues appear...not what i expected, but i love it...



No comments: