Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Secret Pal 10: The Questionnaire

Ok, I started this once (over a month ago) and never finished it...but now SP10 is actually here so I figured I better get it done... In other news around here, still working on spinning up enough of the Corridale/Merino yarn for it's intended project, need to get some spinning done in the next couple weeks for a swap I signed up for and need to get my bag for the knitted purse exchange done...guess I better get busy!

And here is the questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like soft natural fibers...if a fiber doesn't feel good in my hands, I have a hard time forcing myself to work with it...I don't like acrylics...

2. What do you use to store your needles in?
My straight needles are in a vase...circs and dps and in ziplocks...

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? A friend taught me 3 or 4 years ago... What do you consider your skill level? Intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other wish list?
Yep...see the right column of my blog...

5. What is your favorite scent?
I have a few...coconut & lilac are my absolute favorites...then grapefruit & lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I do have a sweet tooth...my favorites are dark chocolate & red swedish fish...

7. What other crafts or do-it-yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to spin...I also do cake decorating and a little felting

8. What kind of music do you like?
I like just about everything except hip-hop...I like instrumental stuff & audio books when I am knitting or spinning...I love classical guitar but don't have any...

9. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you can't stand?
I like natural undyed fiber colors and jewel tones, teals & blues...I'm not fond if greens, yellows & oranges...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have pets?
Right now it's just me and my 16 year old daughter at home...we lost Benny, our golden retriever, last month so the only pet is Bean, our angora bunny

11. Do you wear scarfs, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to everything except hats...it has to be awful outside for me to wear one...

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like having socks & mittens to take with me to work on when I am out...and bigger or more complex projects for when I am at home...shawls are probably my favorite big projects...

13. What are you knitting right now?
Ummm...let's see...there are baby socks in my purse...a bag for the knitted purse exchange is in the living room and the Aran Pocket Shawl from Folk shawls is up in my room....

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!

15. Do you like straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum or plastic?
I like circulars and dps...I have the knit picks options set and love it...I prefer wood for my dps tho and I am trying to gradually replace my metal dps with them...I love the little short sock dp sets but I only have one set...size 4...

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, I do...

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year old...

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving

19. Is there anything you collect?
You mean besides fiber? I'm starting to collect drop spindles...and I also collect polar bear stuff and sea turtle stuff...

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you get?
The stuff on my wish list and the short wood dp needle sets...I don't get any mags now...

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, I really want to learn stranded knitting and Continental knitting. And I really want to start learning to weave.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, and I wear a woman's size 8 US

23. When is your birthday?
December 30th


If you are reading this and want to know anything else just ask!


No comments: