Monday, January 22, 2007

Knitted Purse Swap - Update & questionnaire

Just got my Secret Pal assignment for the swap and got an email from the Pal that was assigned me...so now I'm really getting excited about this! Had a fun evening tonight drove 100miles each way to go to Wendy's & Target with Kaitlyn, just because, after work...had a good talk during the drive (it's amazing how different teenagers are when they are captive in the car :) ! ) So now I'm going to do my questionnaire and maybe knit a bit before I crash...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Basically I like natural fibers...wools, alpaca, bamboo, etc...I like to try new stuff too... I really don't care for acrylics...

2. What do you use to store your needles in?

My straight needles are all in a vase...circulars & dpns are in ziplocks...

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I started knitting about 3 years ago, a friend got me started going with her to a knitting group that used to meet here at a coffee shop on Mondays...that group has pretty much broken up but now a bunch of us spend Wednesday afternoons at the local fiber/spinning/weaving shop...I guess i would consider myself an intermediate knitted...

4. Do you have an Amazon wish list or other online wish list?

I have a wish list on my website and will be putting together an Amazon list soon...

5. What is your favorite scent?

Lilac or lavender...

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

YES!!! LOL Dark chocolate & swedish fish

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I recently got my first spinning wheel and I am having a blast learning to use it...I also needle felt...and love to bake & cook...

8. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Favorites: Natural earthtones...blues...teals...
Dislikes: Oranges...pinks (unless they are part of a multi-color)

9. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Right now it's just me & my 15 year old daughter (Kaitlyn) at home...
We have a golden retriever, Ben, and an angora bunny, Bean.

10. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like to do projects that are small enough to take with me...socks, hats, mittens...

11. What are you knitting right now?

Made a couple of ipod socks this weekend...and just started my first attempt at a lace shawl...

12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum or plastic?

I find I use my dpns and circulars the most...just got my first bamboo needle (size 13, 16 inch) and I love it...I think I will start to gradually replace my other needles with bamboo or wood...

13. Is there anything you collect?

Yarn...fiber...knitting, spinning & cookbooks...oh and polar bear & sea turtle stuff...


Well, if anyone reading this has anymore questions just ask...

No comments: