Thursday, April 5, 2007

Spring? Maybe? Please?

Spring was here...or so we thought...then Tuesday night, it started...and Wednesday, my drive to the spinning shop looked like this... (18 inches of snow and I still didn't miss my Wednesday afternoon!!!)

Now I know that I made the choice to live where I do...and I do love it here (usually) but this is ridiculous!!! We had green grass on Monday, the crocus & daffodils were starting to come up!!! Now we just have snow for Charlie to play in again! (And he does like playing in it!)
So my afternoon at Fiber Whims was great...relaxed, went back to spinning my merino, had a cup of tea and got to see and play with the new Victoria that came in yesterday...OMG it is so cute!!! I have said that I didn't think I would ever want/need another wheel besides my Schacht...but now, I don't know....I love that little wheel, it took me a few minutes to get used to it, but it was spinning so nice for me and the case and everything are so great!!! Guess I'm going to have to save my pennies...

After I got home from the shop, I got a call asking if I wanted to go out to McLain's State Park and look at the waves on Lake Superior at the breakwall...rumor was there were up to 30ft waves...

Well, the rumor wasn't too far off...I don't know that they were 30ft, but from how they were hitting the breakwall and the lighthouse, I'd guess they were close...the pic doesn't really do them justice, but you can kind of see the lighthouse in the background. We probably walked close to a mile along the ridge above the shore line...
Then as the sun set and it started to get dark, we walked back to the truck along the road...it was a fun hike, but boy was i glad to get back in the truck and turn on my heated seat when we were done!!!


No comments: